[En-Nut-Discussion] Patch for SuSE 10.0 and gcc402

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Nov 24 12:46:19 CET 2005

Matthias,

At 11:16 24.11.2005 +0100, you wrote:

>Adding a "dont complain" compiler flag might fix the status quo, but the
>real solution/improvement would be to do the tedious work and correct
>all signedness differences.
>I remember someone posting a patch to the sources a while ago

You're right. But that patch had been quite voluminous.
Looks like no one of the developers with CVS write access
courageous enough to commit it.

>harald, you might just add a line to the documentation (
>"if using gcc > 4.0" add... ) and start fixing the sources..

You're the Makefile script expert among us two. No better
solution?

Btw. I also recognized, that Torben changed from -Os to -O2.
Any reason?

Furthermore, a few weeks ago I tried to create GCC 4 for
Windows, trying Cygwin and MingW. But there seemed to be issues
with GCC 4 and AVR and I gave up.

I didn't follow the recent discussions in avr-gcc-list.
Are these issues solved?