[En-Nut-Discussion] banked memory

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Oct 25 09:16:24 CEST 2005

Hi Grayson,

At 23:50 22.10.2005 +0200, you wrote:
>Have a small question about banked memory.
>In bankmem.h NUTBANK_COUNT is decleared #define NUTBANK_COUNT 0.
>Why is it zero??? I did not study all bankmem.c code yet but i think if it
>was 30 the code will still work.
>So why zero.

bankmem.h is out of date. When using the Configurator,
NUTBANK_COUNT will be placed in cfg/memory.h within the
build tree, which actually overrides the original file.
Zero is still the default, as it works with all boards.

When not using the Configurator, you can replace defaults
in UserConf.mk.
http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/ntn-5_config.html