[En-Nut-Discussion] Watchdog issues

Ulrich Hertlein ulrich.hertlein at artcom.de
Mon Sep 12 11:59:02 CEST 2005

Hello,

are there any known issues with Nut/OS and the hardware watchdog?
I keep getting resets in NutSleep() although the intervals should be
safe: sleep is 1000ms, watchdog interval is 2000ms and reset just before
NutSleep.

Of course due to the co-operative multitasking I could sleep more than
1000ms but certainly not twice as long even with an inactive TCP server
in another thread...

Is Nut/OS calling wdt_reset() on it's own e.g. during thread switches?
How do you folks usually employ the hardware watchdog?

Thanks in advance,
/Ulrich

--
Ulrich Hertlein | Software Development

ART+COM AG
Kleiststr. 23-26 | 10787 Berlin | Germany

phone: +49.30.21001-433
fax: +49.30.21001-555
http://www.artcom.de