[En-Nut-Discussion] Gateway Problems

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Apr 10 19:09:12 CEST 2006

Hello Thiago,

At 12:17 10.04.2006 -0300, you wrote:
>Looking at the sources of NutIpRouteAdd, it doesn't update the confnet
>struct at all. I would consider this to be a bug, but don't know what
>the devs think of the issue.
>NutNetIfSetup does update confnet.

I don't think so. The confnet structure specifies the initialization
values, which are used during boot with valid EEPROM contents.
NutIpRouteAdd() is used by the initialization to set the value
found in the EEPROM or by the application in case the EEPROM
content is invalid (no MAC address).

Generally this all is a big mess. :-) IMHO, updating the EEPROM
within NutIpRouteAdd() will not simplify the code but add more
problems.