[En-Nut-Discussion] Gateway Problems

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Apr 11 09:14:38 CEST 2006

Thiago,

At 18:33 10.04.2006 -0300, you wrote:
>Setting the value to confnet doesn't necessary mean we need to update
>the eeprom. Or perhaps I'm not getting the right use of confnet, but
>shouldn't it reflect the "current settings"?
>
>If not so, how does one query the current settings? That's not quite clear :)

Several months ago I added some functions, which had been
contributed by Adam Pierce and include NutIpRouteList().

>And what about the initial state, ie: invalid eeprom? I don't like the
>DHCP by default approach. In my application I set the default behavior
>to be no DHCP and 192.168.0.100/24, 192.168.0.1 as gateway as the
>"factory settings". This scenario wasn't easily coded. I think the API
>should provide a way to setup this in an easier way, and still be able
>to query the current settings, in order to build the output on an web
>configuration page.

I don't think there is _the_ standard way to configure IP setting,
because it very much depends on the environment. In some commercial
project we us an enhanced version of
http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/ntn-3_broadcast.html
sometimes combined with keyboard/LCD or RS232 input.