[En-Nut-Discussion] using internal power supply for other circuits

scostas scostas at det.uvigo.es
Wed Apr 12 11:21:44 CEST 2006

Hi all:

I want to control some LEDs and optocouplers from the Ethernut, but
Idon't want  to overcharge the internal 3.3 regulator. What is the
maximum charge I can add to it? I don't want to use an external power
supply for this (only for the circuits controled by the optocouplers).

Another question: is safe to control the optocouplers and LEDs directly
from the outputs, or is better to use a transistor in the middle to
avoid an excesive current in the ports?

Thanks.