[En-Nut-Discussion] starting with RTL8019AS

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Apr 28 10:17:35 CEST 2006

Darek,

At 01:13 28.04.2006 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'd like to ask if anybody has experience with connecting RTL8019AS to
>ATMEGA 128 without memory mapping (external sdram)? I don't know if it is
>possible?

I'd suggest to have a look to app/basemon. It contains
all required routines for accessing the RTL8019AS without
using more complicated Nut/OS functions. Try to read the
chip ID first. If that works, it shouldn't be too difficult
to modify the Nut/OS driver for your specific hardware.

But keep in mind: Ethernet may transmit up to 1500 bytes
in one packet. The ATmega internal RAM will soon reach its
limits.