[En-Nut-Discussion] Over-the-network upgrade of user code

Brett Abbott Brett.Abbott at digital-telemetry.com
Fri Aug 11 07:00:58 CEST 2006

Hi

Have a look at the appload ethernut sample.  This provides a tftp option
over ethernet and works well.  Essentially you use the bootloader
feature of the atmel processor.

We've got it working over ethernet, gprs and serial/gsm.  Another more
secure option is to load your program code into the ethernut2's flash
and then get your bootloader to reprogram from there.  This allows you
to use TCPIP and incorporate easier to manage security protocols.

Cheers
Brett