AW: [En-Nut-Discussion] global variable

Ernst Stippl ernst at stippl.org
Sat Aug 12 11:21:23 CEST 2006

Hi!

I am not sure if I understood your question, but here is what I can offer:

Have a look at the Ethernut Sample program "threads.c":

Insert a variable definition between the "include" and the thread
definition:

#include <sys/thread.h>
#include <sys/timer.h>

int global_var;            // <-- insert here

/*
 * High priority thread.
 */

As far as I can see, the variable global_var will be accessible by both
threads, they can read/write it. But you have to invent a set of rules to
make sure access to the variable to done in an orderly fashion. Otherwise
both threads MAY write to the variable and so changes to it could get lost.

regard
ernst