[En-Nut-Discussion] MAC address, finding a Ethernut device

Dave Warren dwarren at luescher.com
Mon Aug 14 13:05:25 CEST 2006

Please excuse my network ignorance. How do I choose MAC addresses for my
Ethernut devices? I want an address that is unique and I have no way to know
what else will be on the network in the same building? What do other people
do about this problem?

I want to make a system with a windows PC connecting to an Ethernut device.
When my Ethernut device is powered it gets a IP address from DHCP. How do I
find it (IP address) automatically from the PC program?

Thanks

David Warren