[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: RTS/CTS flow control

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Wed Aug 16 18:34:33 CEST 2006

> Hi,

>    thank you so much for replying.
>    I was feeling like being blantly ignored by now, even the patches I sent
> are sitting still in the task tracker :(

Ui, has anybody else yet used this feature :-)

>    So I take it that you agree that the status function has a typo there?

Seems to be strange, but I have not yet looked deep enough into the
code.

> serialPort = fopen( "uart0", "r+b" );
> temp = USART_MF_RTSCONTROL | USART_MF_CTSSENSE;
> _ioctl(_fileno(serialPort), UART_SETFLOWCONTROL, &temp);

I would use:

serialPort = fopen( "uart0", "r+b" );
temp = UART_HS_RTSCTS;
_ioctl(_fileno(serialPort), UART_SETFLOWCONTROL, &temp);

>    Is that the right way of doing it?
>    I looked over btnut cvs but I couldn't find where you where using the
> serial port with rts/cts, in which of the samples is it?

You find the uart initialisation in:

btnut/btnode/bt/bt_hci_transport_uart.c

Where the flowcontrol is set to BT_UART_INITIAL_FLOWCONTROL.

#define BT_UART_INITIAL_FLOWCONTROL UART_HS_RTSCTS

Bye,

Ole Reinhardt

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19