[En-Nut-Discussion] Port to a non ethernut board

Marc Giger gigerstyle at gmx.ch
Sat Aug 26 17:22:44 CEST 2006

Hi Harald

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:09:46 +0200
Harald Kipp <harald.kipp at egnite.de> wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>
> A special fuse setting is not required
> http://www.ethernut.de/en/isp/fuses.html
>
> As you specified
> NUT_CPU_FREQ = "16000000"
> also no 32kHz crystal is needed.
>
> May be your external RAM is not working?
>
> I'd suggest to add an RS232 output and upload Basemon. This
> program starts without external RAM and checks various
> hardware functions.
> http://www.ethernut.de/pdf/enhwm13e.pdf
> Page 9ff
>
> Harald

You are right in every point!
First, of course the LED is soldered as you said. I always did it right
but this time...don't know why...

So after changing that, the LED is shining. After some more tests I
noticed that it stops working after NutInitHeap()...and
that points to your RAM theory.

I installed Basemon to check the external RAM. Basemon says it is 0kB
installed. So I think that damn thing is defective.
The memory on that board seems to be a 70ns
access time type. I read somwhere that I don't have to set a different
wait state for that kind of memory...right?

Thank you for your time. I'm sure you will hear from me again soon...

Greetings

Marc