[En-Nut-Discussion] WG: Ethernut failover configurations in use?

Ernst Stippl ernst at stippl.org
Tue Aug 29 22:27:33 CEST 2006

Hello!

Triggered by Michael Jones' yesterdays email, I am interested if somebody
has ever configured 2 (or more) Ethernut board in a failover config: Running
the same code, checking each other is "alive" and transferring (taking over)
an IP address from a failed to an active board if necessary. I did work with
highly available / fault tolerant (big) systems in the past and I wonder if
such functionality would be worthwhile in the embedded world.

regards
Ernst