[En-Nut-Discussion] Two Nut/OS boxes do not communicate with eachother

Krzysztof Drewicz hunter at mimuw.edu.pl
Wed Dec 13 00:30:53 CET 2006

Willem Myburgh napisał(a):
> The PC is also connected to the GPRS network.
>

>> We use PPP. Each system connects to a GPRS network.

With 95% of certain your GSM operator blocks direct p2p connections in
GPRS/IP.
First try to setup a serwer (anywhere in the internet) and use some
simple tcp application. You could use some netcat/redir combinantion or
write some app in perl.
It will open a pair of sockets, read on one port and forward to the
another socket if the second one is connected.

In Poland most GSM providers count up to 2 Euro extra charge / month for
one public IP on the GPRS, it's not firewalled by any means i.e. you are
on your own and your ethernut box is connected to the Internet with
public ip, you should consider this in your setup.
Also, you could use some GSM based VPN, you will have your own virtual
network like 10.11.12.32/29 (in most cases it is small) but it's
firewalled from the Internet, you have access to the net, and p2p
communication is not restricted, also in Poland it costs sth like
200-300 Euro / month for 10 sim cards.

Best Regards.