[En-Nut-Discussion] can't ping Ethernut board

Krzysztof Drewicz hunter at mimuw.edu.pl
Fri Dec 15 20:53:36 CET 2006

Michael Gong napisał(a):
> I connect the board directly to the PC.
>
> Is it possible that I have a bad network cable ? I assume not,  because
> I got following message:
>

>> MAC 00-06-98-01-0B-69
>> IP      192.168.0.73
>> Mask 255.255.255.0
>> Add gateway 192.168.0.1
>> HTTP server running. URL http://192.168.0.73/ "

Ok, but at least you should have a LED telling you that layer 1 is
connected.
Please try a cros-over ethernet cable (simply replace green /
green-white  with orange/ orange-withe on ONE side of cable).
It's easy to remember: 1 with 3, and 2 with 6.
The right image is on images.google.com, there are also some ascii-art
drawing of connection in the Internet.
no mather if you have correct ip on your NIC, the LED should be on.

kd,