[En-Nut-Discussion] elf Symbols problem with WinAVRand/or AVRStudio

Chuck Hackett egroupscdh at up844.us
Thu Feb 2 02:23:36 CET 2006

> From: Henrik Maier
>
> To get 4.0.1 to compile you can switch off the compiler option which
> treats warnings as errors (-Werror) by removing this option from
> nut/Makedefs.avr-gcc OR patch your nut/include/arch/avr/gcc.h file as
> follows:
>
> Change the line:
>
> #include <avr/signal.h>
>
> to:
>
> #if __AVR_LIBC_VERSION__ < 10400UL
> #include <avr/signal.h>
> #endif

I kind of did that.  Since I'm not yet familiar enough with gpp/gcc I wasn't
sure of the syntax so I just commented out the line.

So, there are no other side-effects of the change in WinAVR headers?  Things
should work ok using WinAVR-20060125 and Nut 4.0.1?

I still have not been able to load the 2.1b board with httpd but I did just
verify that I can load it with BaseMon that I've compiled with WinAVR-20060125
without any symbols so at least I know that I can load the flash and that the
board is still functional.  I was beginning to think I had accidentally
programmed a fuse or something causing the board to go brain dead.

Next I'll retry rebuilding httpd without any symbols (as I did for BaseMon) and
see if it loads.  If not, I'll go through the other applicable demos and see
which ones succeed and which ones fail.

... but I feel better that I got SOMETHING to work ...

Cheers,

Chuck Hackett
"Good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment"
7.5" gauge Union Pacific Northern (4-8-4) 844
http://www.whitetrout.net/Chuck