[En-Nut-Discussion] compile problem in ethernut 4.x ?

def at fea.kiev.ua def at fea.kiev.ua
Fri Feb 3 11:29:24 CET 2006

Can you explain me algorithm of configuration og network interface

Beacose as I see in manual:

int NutDhcpIfConfig  	(   	CONST char *   	 name,
		u_char *  	mac,
		u_long  	timeout
	)

Automatically configure an Ethernet network interface.

If no MAC address is specified, this routine will try to read a previously
stored configuration from the EEPROM. If this retrieves a fixed IP
configuration, then the network interface will be immediately configured
with these values by calling NutNetIfConfig(). If no valid IP
configuration has been read, then this routine will start the DHCP client
thread and wait upto a given number of milliseconds for an acknowledged
configuration from a DHCP server.

If a MAC address has been specified, this routine will not read the EEPROM
configuration. If the application has set the global CONFNET structure to
a valid IP configuration before calling this function, then the network
interface will be immediately configured with these values by calling
NutNetIfConfig(). Otherwise the DHCP client thread will be started and
this routine will wait upto a given number of milliseconds for an
acknowledged configuration from a DHCP server.

May bee some simple exsamle of howto use "global CONFNET structure"
I think this example usefull to represetn in wiki or in exsamle directory