[En-Nut-Discussion] Freeing NETBUFs on error

Michał 'Khorne' Rzechonek rzechonek at xylab.com
Wed Feb 22 16:41:30 CET 2006

Harald Kipp powiedział(a):
> In the very early days the stack had a different layout,
> derived from Liqourice, which used callbacks instead of
> a BSD-like socket API. Running on a slow ATmega103, there
> had been a lot of uncertainties if a BSD style interface will
> ever work. Any attempt had been made to release memory as soon
> as possible. And, as usual, if it works, everybody is scared
> to touch it.

Thank you for explanation. I was wondering why is it there.

>>Personally i lost a whole week to figure this out. I never supposed
>> this may happen.
> I'm sorry for this, but it's documented, isn't it?

Of course it is. Just unexpected, as I like NutOS as a whole very
much, especially that it's my first encounter with embedded solutions :)

regards
--
Michał 'Khorne' Rzechonek, research & development
Xylab Sp.z o.o, Karmelicka 45/8 Kraków, Poland