[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem compiling httpd demo

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Feb 23 15:47:08 CET 2006

At 13:56 23.02.2006 +0100, you wrote:

>process_begin: CreateProcess((null), uisp -dprog=stk500
>-dserial=/dev/ttyS1 -dspeed=115200 -dpart=atmega128 -v=3 --erase --upload
>if=httpserv.hex, ...) failed.

I think we remove uisp and WinAVR did also. Use
avrdude instead. Make sure your PATH points to
tools/win32.

To switch, you need to change the setting in the
Configurator to avr-dude (requires re-creating the
sample tree) or simply replace
   include $(top_srcdir)/app/Makeburn.avr-uisp
by
   include $(top_srcdir)/app/Makeburn.avr-dude
in Makedefs of your application tree.

>i have already installed giveio.
>do you guess, where is the problem?

giveio isn't required for the serial port, only for
parallel cables attached to the parallel printer port.

>then i installed AVRStudio 4.08 and tryied STK500 in its enviroment.
>detecting failed.

Yes, the latest SP Duo Firmware supports STK500v2 only.
Thus you need AVRStudio 4.11 or later or, as explained,
avr-dude.

>no, it was run from IDE (as decribed in step-by-step Ethernut software manual)

OK, so it's confirmed to work in general but may introduce
another problem. As the problem doesn't go away with the
pre-build libraries, I think there's another problem somewhere.

Thanks,