[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP/IP Stack crashes

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Wed Jan 11 09:35:06 CET 2006

Hello,

again I have the following problem with a small Webserver application based
on the http demo on NutOS 3.9.8:

The applicatione runs weeks without crash on my private network, even if I
heavily access the Nut's website from three PCs, using a script which
reloads the page every 10 seconds using htget with three PCs simultanously.

Now I installed the device in our companie's network which is incredibly
big, a routed network with several thousands of PCs. In my segment are about
150 PCs.

10 Minutes later the webserver Thread hangs and the Nut didn't respond to a
ping anymore.

The application's main thread is alive, seen at debug outputs on the serial
port. These debug outputs constantly reports about 23kB free heap. So I
don't think it is a memory leak.

Maybe it has something to with high network or broadcast load?

Can anyone give me a hint what maybe wrong or what I should test?

Thank you
Thorsten