[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP/IP Stack crashes

Michael Jones Michael.e.Jones at web.de
Tue Jan 17 09:51:24 CET 2006

Hello,

Just to add my ongoing observations on this topic as I've been looking for
the cause of this effect for quite a while:

I personally believe that this must be a result of some race condition in
the tcp state machine were only the "watched" tread gets trapped in a "wait
for event" (I had already found one some time ago). Here I have mainly
observed this when trying to establish a connection - mostly outgoing in my
case. Interesting enough a second tcp connection will remain functional (as
well as UDP and ICMP) which again would indicate problems in the state
machine. Sadly this problem has been haunting me for quite a while and I
have not been able to locate the cause.

Yet saying that, I will have to intensify my efforts on this as one customer
of ours is "not happy" about the side effects :-)

So let's say: the race is on - who finds the bug may keep it and the honor!

Michael