[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/Net ARM port

Joel Winarske joelw at indyelectronics.com
Tue Jan 17 19:28:42 CET 2006

Hi Henrik,

> AT91SAMX pros: Integrated NIC, DMA access promises high speed transfers
> according to Atmel's documentation.
> AT91SAMX cons: No Nut/OS driver yet available

I think this part would make the best solution, and is my primary
interest.  I recieved word last week from my distributor that the
AT91SAM7X has been released for production, and that they were waiting on
planning dept. for fab dates.

There is no word yet on samples for the Phillips LPC23xx series.  No
indication of DMA support, or integrated PHY, just USB OTG and Ethernet.
This may be a close contender to the SAM7X.

> Q3: As there are more people out there, what would be the best approach
> to share information and collaborate on this topic?

Starting with the FreeRTOS port there shouldn't be too much effort to
support the SAM7X.

It would be nice to spend more effort on expanding the application support
for the IP stack.

Joel Winarske