[En-Nut-Discussion] PHAT example code ?

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jan 25 15:33:03 CET 2006

At 14:27 25.01.2006 +0100, you wrote:
>Most often cards start directly with the volume boot sector at physical
>sector 0.

I've tried to find some reliable infos on this topic and
ended up with looking to other published code. They all
seem to expect a partition table.

>I've mostly seen the partition sector on new cards, but if you format a
>card in Windows, it will normally NOT get a partition sector.

During testing it took seconds for me to corrupt the
file system on the card. So I reformatted on Win2k
and WinCe (requiring an external tool, btw. PPCs
can't do what every 50 bucks camera can do). All
format variations created a partition table.

Anyway, I agree that cards without partition table
should be supported. I'll look into it.

>But, when fiddling with the httpd sample and my Nut 3, I found another
>problem.
>The PHAT driver didn't implement dev_size causing _filelength to fail.
>So, here's a solution for that :

Oops, that reminds me of the email from Kroum Vassilev,
who reported the same and provided this and possibly
more fixes regarding HTTP using PHAT.