[En-Nut-Discussion] Unable to compile 'simple'

Richard Sims (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Thu Jan 26 18:11:53 CET 2006

Hello!

I'm new to the Ethernut v3 and Nut/OS so be gentle please ;-)

As a start I thought I'd try and compile the 'simple' example just to prove to myself that the tool chain is all working.

My various versions are:
Ethernut-4.1.3 install
The GNUARM GCC-3.4.3 install, with newlib-1.12.0

This is all running on Windows XP.

I've managed to (finally) get the Nut/OS Configurator to allow me to build Nut/OS.

Make clean runs fine, however when I try to run 'Make install' in the 'simple' directory I get the following errors:

C:/ethernut-4.1.3/nutbld/lib/libnutos.a(confos.o)(.text+0x1c): In function `NutL
oadConfig':
: undefined reference to `NutNvMemLoad'
C:/ethernut-4.1.3/nutbld/lib/libnutos.a(confos.o)(.text+0xd4): In function `NutS
aveConfig':
: undefined reference to `NutNvMemSave'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [simple.elf] Error 1

I'm familiar with the ATMega family of the Atmel uP using the Imagecraft compiler, but this is my first foray into the GNU complier and Nut/OS.

I hope I'm doing something incredidbly stupid that's easy to fix!

thanks,
Richard.