[En-Nut-Discussion] Building NUT/OS for Atmega2561

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Jul 7 10:00:47 CEST 2006

Hi Thiago, Josh,

Good news: Version 4.1.9.2 is running on the ATmega2561, using
ImageCraft 7.06B. Yesterday I tried several samples including
httpd.

Bad news: Not all things work. First, we are still limited to
128 kBytes program space. I'm considering moving the application
code to upper flash as a temporary solution. This way Nut/OS needs
not to deal with long jumps, only returns.
Second, the EEPROM routines don't work. That's all I found out
during a short test.

Does anyone know about a pre-build GCC toolchain running on
Windows? AFAIK, AVRGCC for Linux can be patched with success,
but from my experience you need some luck to get a toolchain
patch working on Cygwin/MingW.

Harald