[En-Nut-Discussion] AT91SAM7X-EK debugging

HU Daidai rtems at 126.com
Mon Jul 17 07:31:18 CEST 2006

Hi,

I use Insight/OpenOCD/Wiggler tools chain of WinARM.  Everything works OK.  You should pay attention to the following things:

1. If burned in flash, only 2 hardware breakpoints are allowed.  "arm7_9 force_hw_bkpts enable" command of OpenOCD is helpful.

2. I always use "soft_reset" command to reset the program.  "reset" command doesn't work properly for me. But the "Run" button can also be used to resume program from the start.

3. These 2 pages may be useful:
http://www.mikrocontroller.net/articles/AT91SAM7S_mit_OpenOCD_programmieren#Konfiguration_von_OpenOCD_.2B_Wiggler
http://www.siwawi.arubi.uni-kl.de/avr_projects/arm_projects/wiggler_intro/index.html

Good luck!