[En-Nut-Discussion] Info on Nut/OS Library files and functions

Ernst Stippl ernst at stippl.org
Sat Jul 22 00:18:00 CEST 2006

Hello fellow Ethernutters!

In order to ease the lookup and comparison of Nut/OS library size and
contents, I have added the possibility to query a database containing these
information to www.es-business.com/ethernut

The menue items "Query NutLib Files" and "Query NutLib Functions" allow the
selction of various attributes which are used to construct a query against
the database. Results are shown in a table containing the relevant rows from
the database.

I have loaded Ethernut versions 4.1.9rc4, 4.1.5, 4.0.3 and 3.9.9, both the
precompiled libraries and my own installations based on several gcc
versions.

I use the "read-elf" utility (available within gcc's winavr distribution) to
get the function's size, but have found nothing comparable for icc. (any
ideas?)

I hope this will help when looking up

 - if a specific Nut/OS function is part of a specific Nut/OS version
 - what the size of a specific function is, depending on the Nut/OS version
 - etc

If there are any bugs/problems ( which I am sure there will be ;-) please
let me know.

have fun!

ernst