[En-Nut-Discussion] What stops a Nut...

Don Ingram don at led.com.au
Mon Jul 24 04:29:56 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I am in the ongoing process of investigating an intermittent failure of a
protocol conversion application running on an AVR based unit & am looking for
suggestions on areas to instrument.

Currently I am generating a set of tools for looking a trends in memory usage (
heap & thread stack ),async interrupt rates, task cycle times & states.  Henrik
has suggested an interesting issue which may result from incorrectly set
priority levels locking out certain tasks under high load from the network.

The idea is to generate a histogram for each of these areas & hourly write the
data set to EEPROM.  As the current issue presents about every 10 hours or so
about 24 hrs of data storage should be fine.

Any ideas on other areas that I should be monitoring?

--
Cheers

Don