[En-Nut-Discussion] AJAX on ethernut

Ulrich Hertlein ulrich.hertlein at artcom.de
Thu Jul 27 18:56:27 CEST 2006

Hello,

Greg wood wrote:
> I am a newbie myself, but here it is:
>
> http://www.w3schools.com/ajax/default.asp
>
> It looks like it should work, but I'm not sure how ethernut would do the responce write stuff.

The beauty with AJAX is that you don't need any additional components
server-side. You send the client a HTML page with JavaScript and the
client does (harder) asynchronous JavaScript part by sending you
requests for URLs to which you answer with HTML snippets.

All the web-server/ethernut needs to do is respond to the requests from
the client (which is more-or-less the only thing a web-server does anyway.)

/ulrich

--
Ulrich Hertlein | Software Development

ART+COM AG
Kleiststr. 23-26 | 10787 Berlin | Germany

phone: +49.30.21001-433
fax:   +49.30.21001-555

http://www.artcom.de