[En-Nut-Discussion] AJAX on ethernut

Dusan Ferbas dferbas at etech.cz
Fri Jul 28 10:06:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

what was missed in this discussion, is that AJAX means Asynchronous
JavaScript and XML - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJAX. This
means that you need to construct an XML document that can be GET via
http. No problem. But if you want to send data back, you need an XML
parser, that digs info from individual tags.

As we already use XML for get/set parameters/data, there was no need
to implement anything in our application code to get AJAX running.
Everything was done in JavaScript within a "static" web page, that
was made part of a file system. We are using AJAX to paint a dynamic
graph for several temperatures in a web page without reloading such a page.

>Hello everyone
>
>I am wondering if anyone has used AJAX technology on ethernut
>boards.  I plan to develop a robot control application for which
>AJAX would help to provide a smooth user interface by updating
>sensors readings (i.e. GPS) and allowing control without having to
>continually re-submit a page.  If there are any examples of using
>AJAX, I would like to see them.
>
>Regards,
>
>Greg Wood

Dusan