[En-Nut-Discussion] SOC Machine's Amber WS128 question

James Lerch jlerch at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jun 1 18:48:36 CEST 2006

Greetings All,

I picked up one of these off Ebay:
http://www.soc-machines.com/product/Amber_Specs/Amber_Processor.html

After a few days of "entertainment", I've finally gotten the sample nutapps to
compile into a working .hex file.  Woohooo :)

Anyway, in the board's documentation, the following is stated:

[quote]
 "The Amber Web Server Revision 1.5a is software compatible with the Ethernut
Rev 1.3f board except for a change in the memory/IO expansion bus - the ALE line
is routed to pin 1 and the addition of a number of additional features."
[/quote]

The above is from page 7, section 2.5 here:
http://www.soc-machines.com/pdfs/Amber%201-5a%20Hardware%20Reference%20Guide.pdf

So the question is, do I need to tell the nutapp configurator anything special
about my board?  (it seems to work, but this is my first trip into embedded
micro controllers.)

Thanks for your time,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction,testing, and coating site)
http://lerch.no-ip.com/ChangFa_Gen (My 15KW generator project)

"Anything that can happen, will happen" -Stephen Pollock from:
"Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos"

" Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "
                                                           Calvin Coolidge