[En-Nut-Discussion] SNMP Agent with Ethernut

pbisiac at inwind.it pbisiac at inwind.it
Mon Jun 5 16:21:00 CEST 2006

Hi all,

We have been asked to develop a serial-to-ethernet converter which should get some field variables from RS232 and make them available on the Ethernet via SNMP.
I am not an SNMP expert, but from my readings I understood we must define a MIB to define our serial-to-ethernet converter behaviour and implement an SNMP agent inside the device.

In your opinion, is Ethernut and Nut/OS suitable for such an application ? As I can see, SNMP is not implemented in Nut/Net...

Thanks, best regards

Paolo Bisiach