[En-Nut-Discussion] Using FLASH ROM ETHERNUT 3

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Jun 6 21:22:21 CEST 2006

Hi Daniele,

Somehow yes, but not with the existing sources and linker scripts.
And it may be not trivial.

The linker script needs to provide a .rom segment and UROM variables
need an attribute, so the linker places it in flash memory. The
next difficulty is, to burn these two segments in the external flash.

I recently created a linker script and startup file to run programs
completely in ROM. It's not yet polished fro being published, but
if anyone is interested, please send me a private email and I'll
provide the code.

Harald