[En-Nut-Discussion] Debugging error

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Jun 8 16:53:56 CEST 2006

Hi Helene,

First I'm sorry that we still haven't been able to fix the
ICCAVR demo issue of the HTTP sample. The main problem is,
that DHCP includes DNS, which is too large.

For WinAVR make sure to use WinAVR-20060125 and the latest
AVRStudio. In app/Makedefs replace '-Os' by '-O0 -gdwarf-2'
because AVRStudio can handle dwarf2 and coff debug format only,
and GCC coff seems to be incompatible with AVR coff.

Finally, with ICCAVR strictly follow
http://www.ethernut.de/en/iccavr/index.html
to set the compiler options. Though I'm a bit puzzled by your
comment that your program worked on AVRStudio. AVRStudio doesn't
have any C Compiler, right?

Nevertheless, debugging multithreaded applications with AVRStudio
sometimes give weird results and sometimes the debugger may get
confused by Nut/OS' stack manipulations. So don't expect too much.

Harald