[En-Nut-Discussion] RE: ARP packets crashing the TCP stack

Lloyd Bailey lbailey at pharmanord.com
Mon Jun 19 13:47:25 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have migrated my application from Ethernut2.1 to Ethernut3. Running on
Nut O/S 4.1.5 And I have found that my application restarts every 10
minutes (due to the watch dog) if I send syslog messages. My application
sends a syslog message every minute and every 10 minutes an ARP (who has
my IP) is recieved which stops the TCP stack and my application. If the
application is configuration not to sending syslog message every thing
runs fine (no restarts).

Regards,

Lloyd.

PS. I am now look at migrating my application to a embedding Linux. As
it provides better stablility more memory, and the ablility  to  update
the  O/S and application  via TCP.

--
IT-afdelingen
Pharma Nord