[En-Nut-Discussion] Fear not, good Sir... TCP might still be saved...

Marek Pavlu pavlu at HWserver.cz
Wed Jun 21 10:46:03 CEST 2006

Hi,

My opinion is that cause of this problem is excessive exposed
NutEventPostFromIrq. I mean that evil is in event management:).

In case NutEventWait with timeoute you prove that, Michael.
In case NutEventWait with infinite timeoutem it is still question.

Maybe I have an idea, how it quickly solve ;).
One way is modification Nut/OS semaphore for post from irq and do them more
safety(critical section and overload). In this case many call irq is only
one call NutEventPostFromIrq and its mean that in case of irq call:

1. rxi5 is waiting  => only one call NutEventPostFromIrq for multiple irq 2.
rxi5 is working => NutEventPostFromIrq is not call!

This way conserve system resource's and avoid problem in event management...

For RTL8019(I have only this chip) and 4.0.2.1 ethernut version.
I test this modifications and so far is good:), but more test is required...

Files is here http://www.hw-group.com/download/supp/ethernut/rxi5.zip

Regards,
                Marek Pavlu

  _____

avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com>  : Odchozi zprava cista.

Virova databaze (VPS): 0625-4, 21.06.2006
Testovano: 21.6.2006 10:46:03