[En-Nut-Discussion] Preview Fix 060626

Michael Jones Michael.e.Jones at web.de
Tue Jun 27 00:43:28 CEST 2006

Something else that is strange...

The measurement for the following is a sequence of data that is sent via
uart to the board (no events used, full assembler and fully field tested)
and then is sent to a host via TCP/IP. The throughput is displayed and
validated on the host.

Now, when I send a lot of ARP or Random packets at the board the old and the
new version behave quite differently...

With the old version (Henrik's and my patches) there are actually hardly any
signs that the board is being flooded with messages besides a minor 5%-10%
drop in throughput. Whereas the new implementation completely breaks
together till no TCP/IP packets are actually handled. Yet it immediately
recovers when the packet flooding stops.

My suspicion is that the thread priority handling has somehow changed as
e.g. the main thread shows no signs of slowing down.

Cu,
Michael