[En-Nut-Discussion] Preview Fix 060626

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Jun 27 12:36:20 CEST 2006

Michael,

At 00:43 27.06.2006 +0200, you wrote:

>My suspicion is that the thread priority handling has somehow changed as
>e.g. the main thread shows no signs of slowing down.

What if this is the same problem we experienced lately with the
RTL8019? The SMSC interrupts are edge triggered. If an interrupt
occurs during interrupt processing, it will get lost.

In opposite to the RTL driver, the SMSC receive queue wait has a
timeout and thus will not completely block like the RTL driver.
But 2 seconds are a long time.

The problem in the RTL driver did not appear unless there was
heavy traffic on the line.