[En-Nut-Discussion] Fingerprints found at crime site....

Don Ingram don at led.com.au
Wed Jun 28 01:45:26 CEST 2006

As the "nut noob in residence" I am only barely beginning to grasp what is
happening but am deeply impressed by the presentation !!

Any more shiny pictures  ;-)

I have spent a fair chunk of the last 48 hours being dug out of bed by calls
from the Client re issues relating to an intermittently crashing serial port
handler thread. It obviously is able to access the onboard clock as it is able
to ensure that the dead task occurs in the middle of the night.

Thus, lots of driving around the bush dodging various furry animals in the
middle of the night, as when the serial port handler goes to the weeds on the
busy units the remote VPN telnet access goes with it.

Out of the 16 units concerned there is a correlation between task death & the
observed ethernet traffic volume at each unit. The problem has only become
apparent when the factories got up and running fully as during the test /
commissioning period there was very little network traffic & the problem either
didn't present itself or we weren't looking hard enough.

My eyeballs are hanging around my kneecaps from lack of sleep & so I must offer
my sincere congratulations and gratitude on a fine piece of work by all
concerned over the last week.

At present I am just getting familiar with nutos at the app programmer level,
with bit of luck and a lot more hours in the seat I would like to be able to
return the favour at some time in the future.

Cheers

Don