[En-Nut-Discussion] Fix 060626

Don Ingram don at led.com.au
Wed Jun 28 09:20:21 CEST 2006

Jerome.Dsouza at mt.com wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>>From all the discussions since yesterday regarding the Fix 060626, I understand that there is some bug in NUT OS about the thread and timer management. But, I am not able to understand the seriousness of this bug, is it a very notorious bug or a small one, which even if it existed woulld not hamper operation of the device. I want to use NUT OS but after this bug issues I doubt whether I can use it.
> Would the bug create any problem in the PPP client operation for tranfer of data on the serial port.
>
> Regards,
> Jerome

There are many ways of looking at the issue. At present I am still a bit of a
spectator.

Personally, I regard the process prior to now as being the very strength of the
system.

A bunch of smart tenacious people have beaten the issue to death & the system is
more robust as a result.  There is an enormous amount of very useful IP
encapsulated in the project.  Having looked around at many other embedded IP
projects this is quite an active community with quite a few people who earn
their keep from using and improving the system. Everyone wins.

My 2 cents, your view may vary considerably.

--
Cheers

Don