[En-Nut-Discussion] Heave load will harm the system?

Henrik Maier hmlists at focus-sw.com
Wed Mar 1 14:47:52 CET 2006

Harald,

I have a modded version of the httpserv.c example where I observe the
sockets end up in the CLOSEWAIT state after frequent connecting and
reconnecting (typically caused by repeatedly pressing ctrl-R in the
browser window for a few seconds). Once one manages to get all available
4 sockets into CLOSEDWAIT state, the system refuses all further
connections and never recovers.

However my changes to httpserv.care not minor either and it could relate
to the use of Adam Dunkel's protothreads for connection multiplexing
rather than using the Nut/OS threads. On the other hand the TCP state
machine should be robust enough not to stall in a transitional state
like CLOSEWAIT.

I might relate to the observed issues which are discussed here or not, I
haven't investigated it further due to other priorities.

I am happy to pass on the httpd_protothreads version for further
investigations.

Henrik
http://www.proconx.com