[En-Nut-Discussion] Power Strip Program

Nic Cave-Lynch nic at tymar.com
Sat Mar 4 17:38:51 CET 2006

Sounds interesting. Look at hall-effect devices for non-invasive (and isolated)
current monitoring. I used them once measuring load deltas: just tape/epoxy them
against the power cable ad away you go. Not sure how repeatable they'd be in
productions quantities. The resultant voltage depends on thickness of insulation
and device orientation as well as load current. It might be completely practical
to calibrate them as part of a production testing process.

Nic C-L