[En-Nut-Discussion] Write to flash in Ethernut 3

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Mar 9 12:44:41 CET 2006

There's currently no API available.

The JTAG-O-MAT package
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtagomat
contains FLASH erase/write routines in
target\arm7tdmi\flasher
which can be used in Nut/OS applications.

For now all Nut/OS applications are either loaded from FLASH
into RAM or bootloaded into RAM before execution. Thus, an
application will currently not occupy more than 256k.

Later versions may of course support running directly from
FLASH. Actually this requires a just a different linker
script and startup file.

In general it's up to the application how to make use of
the FLASH memory.

Harald