[En-Nut-Discussion] accesing registers

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Mar 9 13:07:56 CET 2006

Neither, the ARM nor the AVR platform provide a specific I/O bus.
The AVR has a special range of I/O registers with enhanced
access mode (like bit instructions). But all ports are memory
mapped per se.

Nut/OS uses in/out macros when accessing I/O registers just to
maintain portability and simulation. But of course memory
pointers to register addresses will work too.

Harald