[En-Nut-Discussion] Newbie questions

Frank Koss Frank.Koss at wittmann-robot.de
Sat Mar 11 17:15:25 CET 2006

Hi folks,

i'm new to the mailing list and to the ethernut, too.

First a few things about my person:
I'm 27 years old, live in the south of Germany near Nuernberg and are on the way to build
my new home since summer last year (therefore I need the nut).
I did learn my todays career kommunikation-electronic(ian) at Philips (PKI) which later was
called Lucent Technologies. At present I work at a robot manufacturer for plastic industries.
A few years ago I started to teach PHP by myself.
Now I'm doing PHP well, so I got the basics for C, I think.

Last weekend I bought my ethernut 3.0D which was delivered last week.
Now I got these usual beginner problems...
I just figured out the working of nutconf and the difference between flashing with the turtelizer
and the quite faster way downloading the codes via tpft initiated by the bootmon.

I'm actually working with this configuration:
Nut/os 4.0.3
GNUARM v3.4.3 compiler
JTAGOMAT 1.2.1

Here are a few questions and things I actually don't understand.
Maybe someone could help me out...

1.
The last times, I tried some sample-codes wich were included by nut/os.
Some of these are doing well by make clean, make all, make install and then download by tftp.
But a few samples won't work.
I.e. basemon:
"make all" delivers a bunch of errors like "DDRB", "PORTB" undeclared and so on.
Looks like the compiler cannot find the includes?!
There's a textfield to input the include-paths in nutconf, but there is no way to put something in.
The fields are disabled.
Where are the include-paths defined?

2.
I noticed, if I try to flash something, I have to type in the whole command manually, because
"make burn" uses relative paths for the file to be flashed (./filename). But I won't get an error
message if file not found. If I use an absolute path, it works.
Bug? Misconfiguration by myself?

3.
I want to do some house controlling and monitoring with the ethernut3.
There are not many example-codes especially for ethernut3 at the moment.
So if anyone got a litte code snippet for switching outputs and querying inputs on ethernut3....
It would be great and may give me a little starting help.

4.
I've got WinAVR 3.4.3 compiler also installed, but gives error file not found context.o.
What could be wrong here?

It would be nice to hear from you.

Frank