AW: [En-Nut-Discussion] Newbie questions

Ernst Stippl ernst at stippl.org
Sun Mar 12 09:38:29 CET 2006

Hi Frank!

Ad 1) not all samples compile correctly for Ethernut3. Basemon is special
because it deals with HW a lot. After a quick look into the basemon.c
source, I cannot find any platform specific defines, so I think it has not
been adapter to Ethernut 3.
Take a look at HTTPserv as an example, it compiles correctly and shows quite
some interesting features.

Ad 4) WinAVR will not help because it compiles for AVR-rype CPUs, but the
Ethernut 3 uses the ARM-type CPU chip. Because of this, butconf and the
nut/os build did not generate the context.o after which Winavr is looking.

Ad 2) dont know. I used the JTAG HW which came with the Ethernut 3 dev kit,
plus the utils supplied and everthing worked.

If you want to compare your sample-progs compile results, I have setup a
website at http://www.es-business.com/ethernut look at Nut/OS versions vs
compiler versions and click on the "details" link of the respectiv row/col.

Have fun

ernst