[En-Nut-Discussion] confiability of Flash memory

scostas scostas at det.uvigo.es
Mon Mar 20 10:15:21 CET 2006

Hi all:

I'm working with the Flash memory integrated in my Ethernut 3 to store
data, and I need to know how confiable is the minimum number of 100,000
erase cycles that Atmel gives for its AT49BV322A. Can I base my design
in having at least that numer of cycles, or should I be more
conservative and asume that the real number is much lower?

I ask this because is possible that I will need to do an erase cycle
twice each day, so 136 years is a good number, but 13,6 (for 10,000
cycles) is not.

Thanks.