[En-Nut-Discussion] newbie question to simple demo

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Mar 21 10:33:57 CET 2006

Hi Olaf,

At 09:35 21.03.2006 +0100, you wrote:
>I hope this is right place to solve my current situation with ethernut.

It's THE place.

>Adding 3 LEDs to the Mega128 and turn them on works fine without ethernut.

Well, actually it is better to connect the LEDs
via a resistor to Vcc and pull the I/Os to low.

     PORTE &= ~((1<<2) | (1<<3)| (1<<4));

But as you said, it is working without Nut/OS.

>I guess I need to define a memory offset or something like this.

No, nothing special is required and your make output
looks perfect. Here's something similar:
http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/led.html

Something I can think of is the possibly missing
32 kHz clock crystal on your board. But, AFAIK, this
would not hurt in your simple application, which doesn't
use any kind of Nut/OS timer functions (NutSleep or event
timeouts).

Does your hardware got an external RAM? If not, you may
try the settings in
   RTOS Kernel -> Memory Management
after loading stk501.conf with the Configurator.