[En-Nut-Discussion] Java ?

Vesa Jääskeläinen chaac at nic.fi
Thu Mar 23 08:19:46 CET 2006

Kathy Quinlan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a customer who needs to run Java Applets on the Ethernut, is this
> possible, I ask as I know next to NOTHING of Java, I guess he would also
> like to update these via the network.
>
> Any hints or ideas welcome.

Hi Kathy,

Java applets are executed on browser so they appear just a files in
Ethernut's memory.

If they need to get more information from Ethernuts environment you just
have to provide them means to get that. That could be another HTTP query
executed from Java applet or provide them in <applet> -tag when user is

Thanks,
Vesa Jääskeläinen