[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 3 / Arm C++

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Mar 27 09:40:02 CEST 2006

Hi Matthias,

I like C++, but I generally think that it is no good idea
to use it in tiny embedded systems. Of course that's my
personal view and actually not back upped by any facts.

The missing C++ support for Ethernut 3 is due to lack of
time and should generally work.

The makefiles probably need some enhancements, which is the
easy part. It will be also required to enhance the linker
scripts and startup files in nut/arch/arm/ldscripts/ and
nut/arch/arm/init/ resp.

Not all function prototypes header files may be enclosed
in __BEGIN_DECLS and __END_DECLS pairs. Btw. I use these
macros instead of extern "C" { } to avoid confusing the
source code beautifier "indent".

In case you got time to make that work, I'll be more than
happy to merge it into the distribution.

Harald